My tears dropped when he pressed the send button.
Interactive Ontario, in partnership with Bell, is pleased to present the Toronto iP3 Forum — a one-day event that will explore the changing mobile landscape and the business opportunities associated with Apple’s Touch Platform (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch), as business models adapt to a market where people are always connected.
There will be two spread threads running at the same time, business and technology. I will present a tech session in the morning, the topic is “Mastering Xcode”, in which I’ll talk about the tips and tricks which I’ve discovered in the past years.
Actually, I would change the title to “Mastering Xcode 3″ as Xcode 4 is just around the corner. After play with Xcode 4 for couple of hours, I found that a lot of things have been changed. Luckily most of the tips and tricks I will present will still apply to Xcode 4.
The speakers list for iP3 Forum is pretty impressive, look forward to the event on the next Monday. Hope can see you there too!
By default it will install into /Xcode4, so you are safe to just click though almost blindly. This could change after the final release.
After install size is 5GB.
Very unstable, crashed on the first launch, the reason was because of all my existing Xcode 3 plugins.
Crashed again after removing all the plugins. Then succeed on relaunch.
Look and feel
As you’ve already see from the internet, the first reaction is this thing looks more like iTunes than Xcode 3.
Organizer has been redesigned from ground up, it’s much easy to find the information you want.
Another very interesting thing for Organizer is Document has been merged into Organizer now, which will help me to have one less window open.
Preferences window has been redesigned and simplified, there are only 7 icons you can click on:
Alerts, which is new. Documents, Fonts & Colors, Text Editing, Key Binding, Building and Source Trees.
Favorites Bar is gone, replaced with much more useful Tab bar!
“Get Info” has been converted into “Utility” and put into the workspace as right sidebar.
Original “Project” Tree has been converted into tab based navigator as left sidebar.
If you’ve already tried “GrowlCode“, this is not new for you. If not, you’ll love this feature.
There’s one new default app in iPhone Simulator: Game Center, can’t get it working though.
Very well redesigned! Very buggy!
Here are the reasons beside of the awesome 3m camera:
|iPhone OS 3.0 Feature||iPhone||iPhone 3G||iPhone 3G S|
|Cut, Copy & Paste||√||√||√|
|Shake to shuffle||√||√||√|
|Nike + iPod||√|
1. Peer-to-peer connectivity requires compatible applications, which can be downloaded from the App Store when available.
2. The original iPhone does not support using Bluetooth for peer-to-peer connectivity. It can use Wi-Fi and cellular data networks for peer-to-peer connectivity.
3. MMS is not available in all areas; fees may apply. See your carrier for availability.
4. Internet tethering is not currently offered in the United States and some other countries. See your carrier for availability.
I believe you already noticed the twitter updates on the sidebar. Yes, I am attending WWDC 2009 this week. It is a great conference and I believe you’ve already got the news from it too.
Just a day before I came here, I’ve launched a website for this event:
Here’s how it works:
- I create a new twitter account @2009wwdc
- I use this account to follow all the people who attend this conference, not the one who just talk about this
- I’ll follow people who will tweet the important things, especially the kind of people who don’t care NDA that much.
- Server will automatic pick up who I follow and collect all their tweets and stats
- Tweets are searchable on the site
- Will archive the site couple of weeks after the conference ends
If you want to know more about WWDC 2009, it is the site you should go.
Just bought my ticket for WWDC 2009!
Today is the last day for early bird price (Saving $300). I got it in Canada for CAD $1699. Really not cheap.
Funny story, I thought I can buy it cheaper in US store, but it turns out even worse. The final price will have tax be added onto original price USD $1295, which will be USD $1414 in total. And USD $1414 is about CAD $1728 as of today.
Look forward to it!