Please see this page for the new version: Google AJAX Translation 0.2.0
Google just released a new API yesterday: Google AJAX Language API.
AJAX Language API is built on top of Google Translate, it current supports 13 languages and 29 translation pairs. It is new but it is already very powerful. If you want to know more about how to use it on your website, please see Google AJAX Language API Document for more details.
We in Savvica want to use this cool technology in our awesome website: LearnHub.com. In the middle of doing this today, I was thinking about to enable this feature on my blog too.
So, here we go, the Google AJAX Translation WordPress Plugin is arrived.
Please download from here:
Installation is very simple:
- Download the plugin archive and expand it
- Put the ‘ajaxtranslate.php’ file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory, or put the ‘ajaxtranslation’ folder into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for Google AJAX Translation.
- Have fun with your blog readers.
- Please see my blog as an example
Couple things still need to know:
- Google Ajax Translate only allow 500 characters right now (March 2008)
- So this plugin only supports translating the first 500 characters of your blog comments
- In the current version(0.1), I only enable comment translation by default. There are two reasons for this:
- Most of your posts are more than 500 characters, but most of your blog comments aren’t
- Google will translate characters inside of html tags, which will mess your blog for sure
- If you still want to use it with your post too, please comment out line 79 in ajatranslation.php
- This is just an initial release, lots of feature will be added in. Please stay tuned.
If you want to do some changes and glad to share with all of us, please feel free to comment here or send me email @ libin.pan at gmail dot com.
I hope you will like it.
Want to know more?