One of my favorite editor on Mac is Coda, the most important part for me is in their tagline:
Compare with my another favorite editor, TextMate, every time I open it, I will open three more windows at the same time:
- Terminal for running application
- Terminal for mysql
- Browser for view my pages and documents
Coda has all of these and even more:
But, on another side, leaking of version control and no powerful bundles as TextMate keep a lot of Ruby developers out of it.
Things may change:
After a lot of work, we’re finally ready to work with some people to test Coda 1.5 — the next major release of Coda — and prepare it for the general public.
To enter Coda 1.5 limited private beta, go to:
If registration is still available, the registration link will be in the upper-right corner of the page. (If there’s no link, we’re full.)
So what’s new in Coda 1.5?
- Better Search and Replace?
- Source Control Support (SVN or Git)?
- Custom Books? Add more Ruby Document in it?
- Better Support for more than one languages mix together in one file?
* Unless you want to use more than one window. Which is totally cool.