Nick Marshall is the lead developer on this plugin now. He has done an awesome job to bring it to a new level! And he moderates the plugin forum actively! Please feel free to post your questions or comments there as well.
Thanks Michael Klein for his great work on this plugin. We’ve updated to Version 0.3.1 now.
- Encapsulate the plugin in a class. No global vars needed anymore, faster code! (Michael Klein)
- Better support of capabilities-model (WP 2.6)
- Fixed some html-bugs (missing alt-Tags, etc.)
And, please make sure go to your WordPress Settings->Google Translation admin page to reconfig all the preferences after the updating. Thanks!
Google AJAX Translation is my the first WordPress Plugin, it has been downloaded more than 1700 times until today. And because it is so simple, I haven’t done any major update after the first release.
Couple of days ago, I’ve got an email from Michael Klein from alquanto.de. In his email, he attached a updated version of my plugin and show me how it works on his blog: http://groovengine.de
Mr. Michael Klein has finished a big task on my todo list: Switch between flag icon and text for all these languages.
It’s amazing! This is the beauty of Open Source! We need a new update version now!
Say hello to Google AJAX Translation WordPress Plugin 0.2.0!
- Switch between flag icon and text for all these languages. Thanks Mr. Michael Klein!
- Admin configuration page
- Enable/Disable Posts Translation
- Select which languages you want to support
- More Languages Support, it has 23 languages in total:
* Bulgarian New!
* Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
* Croatian New!
* Czech New!
* Danish New!
* Finnish New!
* Hindi New!
* Norwegian New!
* Polish New!
* Romanian New!
* Swedish New!
How to update?
- Download the newest version from WordPress
- Unzip it and you will have everything in the “google-ajax-translation” folder
- Overwrite the exist “google-ajax-translation” folder on your server, it should be in “wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Active it from your admin page
- Do some changes on Google Ajax Translation admin page
Please feel free to comment here if you have any questions, or you still can check if is was already answered on the old post.
And it is on GitHub too!